Hydro Jetting — Drain & Sewer Cleaning In Orlando
No one likes a clog in their drains. After all, it can cause nasty, smelly backups and make your day unpleasant. However, when you think of the alternative of not having a sewer system or a pipe system to bring in clean water and whisk away wastewater, a clog really is not all that bad. Luckily, clogs can be fixed by professional plumbers.
Choice Plumbing in Orlando offers drain and sewer cleaning services for both homes and businesses. We are emergency plumbers who can tackle any clog. Below, we’ll go over the two most common methods professional plumbers use to clear your drain and sewer lines of clogs, including hydro jetting, and we’ll explain why we believe hydro jetting is the better solution not only to clear your clog, but also for the longevity of your piping. Contact us today to get started!
A plumbing snake is more properly called a plumbing auger, but since it resembles a snake, this name has been adopted and is more widely used. A plumbing snake is a long steel cable that has a coil on its end. This cable is inserted into your afflicted piping. The coil works to break up the clog and remove it, allowing your water or waste to flow freely again.
Most professional plumbers, such as your Orlando plumber, Choice Plumbing, will use video inspection cameras to determine the source of the clog before indiscriminately plowing away into your piping. This allows for a more efficient plumbing repair process.
Benefits of Plumbing Snakes
- Works. It’s important that a plumbing method work. Plumbing snakes have been used by plumbers for decades officially, and probably since humans first started using piping. After all, it’s a simple concept: stick a long stick (or tube) down a clog and whirl away!
- Doesn’t damage piping. If you have old piping, or even plastic piping, plumbing snakes are very gentle on them. You won’t have to worry about any breaking soon.
- Works great on simple clogs. Plumbing snakes are a quick and efficient method of unclogging your pipes.
- Can help detect other problems. Anytime you look somewhere you don’t normally look and haven’t looked for a while, you’ll often discover something new, which is often problems. This goes for plumbing as well. When you have a clog, your Orlando plumber will not only rid you of your clog, but we’ll also note if we see any other potential problems in your plumbing system.
Plumbing snakes get the job done. However, the biggest downside is that a plumbing snake often is only a temporary solution. It in many cases can’t break down the material on the piping itself and often only punctures a hole, freeing up the clog, but still leaving residue behind, which will eventually form another clog. This is where hydro jetting your pipes makes the difference.
As mentioned before, hydro jetting is using high-pressured water (often at about 35,000 psi, or pounds per square inch) to blast away your clogged drain or sewer line. Again, a video inspection is usually performed by your Orlando plumber ahead of time to determine where exactly the clog is. Once this is found, a cleanout, or an area that allows your Orlando plumber to access the clog, is created. Hydro jetting is extremely effective against tree roots, which are a leading cause of clogged pipes and sewer lines.
Hydro jetting looks a lot like plumbing snakes. It uses a hose with a special nozzle to focus the water and handle the intense pressure of the water. When employed, the water hits the clog and blasts it away, leaving it to be flushed away into your normal wastewater treatment facility. Hydro jetting will also clean all of the clog and the surrounding pipe, eliminating the potential for another buildup in that location any time soon.
Hydro jetting depends upon gravity as well. Gravity is a big part of how residential and commercial piping and plumbing works, utilizing the natural flow of water and liquids to our advantage. Usually, once the clog is discovered, the tool is inserted from the bottom up, and it blows the water upstream. This allows then for the clog to flow easily back down into the treatment system.
Benefits of Hydro Jetting
- Quick. Once the high-pressure water hits the clog, the clog stands no chance. It will be eliminated almost effortlessly by the water.
- Can be used on all types of piping. Hydro jetting is great for all types of piping and safe, leaving your pipes just clean, and not damaged. However, if you do have older pipes, it’s best to call in your Orlando plumber to determine if hydro jetting is for you. The high pressure water can open up existing cracks already in the pipes and can break older ones as well. If this is the case, then plumbing snakes will be your recommended method.
- Cleans the entire clog. This is the biggest benefit of hydro jetting. The entire clog will be cleaned, leaving no debris behind with hydro jetting. It can eliminate the toughest clogs, form grease, oils, food, mineral buildup, hair, dirt, silt, and so much more, from your drains, pipes, and sewer lines. Tree roots as well are no match for such a high-pressure blast of water.
- Environmentally-friendly. When you buy over-the-counter drain clog solutions, you truly don’t know what you are pouring down your drain that will eventually end up at the wastewater treatment plant and into our water. Most are made from harsh chemicals (which is why you see all the danger signs on the bottle, warning you not to drink it) that could damage the environment. Hydro jetting just uses water.
- Can be used as a flush. If you don’t have a drain or sewer clog, hydro jetting is a great way to flush out your residential or commercial plumbing system as well. It’s quick and can eliminate any beginnings of clogs before they start affecting your system.
Choice Plumbing in Orlando offers hydro jetting services. We believe hydro jetting is the best way to go to clear most clogs from your water and sewer pipes. It yields superior results, and you won’t have to keep calling your Orlando plumber for clog removal services every few months. We believe so strongly in hydro jetting, that we offer a two-year warranty on that clog issue, meaning if it clogs again in the same spot, we’ll come and clear it for free.
Choice Plumbing in Orlando believes in offering the best plumbing services at the best prices. We guarantee our plumbing services, or we’ll work to make you happy. Most of our business is from referrals, and we want to deliver the best customer experience as possible. We do this through offering superior plumbing service with true professionalism and class.
Choice Plumbing tells you the cost of plumbing services upfront, and we won’t nickel and dime you. We understand that you work hard for your money and want to keep it. This is why we are offering hydro jetting services, so you won’t have to keep calling your Orlando plumber for drain and sewer services. We’ve created our Choice VIP Membership club, so you can save money on your annual inspections. We also don’t charge extra for emergency plumbing services. After all, it’s an emergency. Why should that be extra?
Choice Plumbing in Orlando has all of your residential and commercial plumbing needs taken care of. Call us today for your next plumbing service!